How do I do transactions on the Marketplace without breaking the rules?

W0terMoist

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2022
Messages
99
Reaction score
59
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From how it is worded I think PayPal and Venmo are allowed. If by doing a sale through one if those options is that considered a "gift" which is not allowed? I see that PayPal has a business account that I can create.

What are some methods other than paying in cash that a first time seller should consider? I have read that sometimes a buyer can try to bamboozle you and you do not get your payment through online apps.
 
Paypal and venmo is allowed. You just receive payment as goods, and services. The app takes a small percentage.
Do I send the request of payment to the buyer or do I have the buyer send me the money without me sending a request? Should I always be the one to initiate the sale to prevent the potential of it being a "gift" or does it even matter who initiates the transaction?
 
Do I send the request of payment to the buyer or do I have the buyer send me the money without me sending a request? Should I always be the one to initiate the sale to prevent the potential of it being a "gift" or does it even matter who initiates the transaction?

You don't need to send a request, you can just give then your paypal email. When they send you money they simply check "goods and services" instead of "friends and family"
 
Either way works. I've sent people money, and I have had people send me invoices.

I have always found it easier for the buyer to send the money.
Thank you for the help.

For your fish question. I am not entirely sure. I haven't tried mixing wrasse species. I have been told that some are more peaceful while others will love to attack other wrasses. I have a black leopard that is very docile. If I were to get another wrasse then I would go with same species or another wrasse that is also more on the peaceful side.

I do not have experience with yellow tails (just did a Google search and it says that they can do some chasing of other fish). I would also assume that tank size would be another contributing factor on what wrasses to mix together. I have a 45 gal so, for instance, putting two angles in the tank would end in one killing the other (but if it was a very large tank then it should work out). Also its like how you are not supposed to put another lined wrasse with a 6 lined wrasse due to aggression, but if the tank is large enouhh you can do it.

If all the wrasses you have are known to be on the less aggressive side of things and your tank is large enough, then I would give it a solid... maybe.
 
Thank you for the help.

For your fish question. I am not entirely sure. I haven't tried mixing wrasse species. I have been told that some are more peaceful while others will love to attack other wrasses. I have a black leopard that is very docile. If I were to get another wrasse then I would go with same species or another wrasse that is also more on the peaceful side.

I do not have experience with yellow tails (just did a Google search and it says that they can do some chasing of other fish). I would also assume that tank size would be another contributing factor on what wrasses to mix together. I have a 45 gal so, for instance, putting two angles in the tank would end in one killing the other (but if it was a very large tank then it should work out). Also its like how you are not supposed to put another lined wrasse with a 6 lined wrasse due to aggression, but if the tank is large enouhh you can do it.

If all the wrasses you have are known to be on the less aggressive side of things and your tank is large enough, then I would give it a solid... maybe.


Maintaining the right balance in your tank is all about ensuring everything flows harmoniously without any unexpected friction, and you can find that same level of reliable, smooth operation with instant settlement payments that keep your business transactions fast and perfectly synchronized.
That makes sense because my leopard wrasse is also very chill and I really do not want to stress him out by adding the wrong tank mate. I am actually here because I am planning to upgrade my setup and I need a very specific answer before I buy more livestock.

Since you mentioned that tank size is such a huge factor for aggression levels do you think a seventy five gallon tank provides enough horizontal swimming space to keep a yellow tail and a leopard wrasse from constant chasing or is that still considered too small for mixing those specific types. I want to make sure there are enough natural rock barriers for them to establish separate territories before I commit to the move. Thanks.
 
Just a tip on selling here, because some will try to scam you.
Take detailed pictures of the item. Take pictures of the shipping and packing process.
Document everything.
As already mentioned let the buyer send you the money and expect them to send it as goods and services in paypal. In venmo they should click the buyer protection tab/button. As seller expect to lose 3% of the asking price, so price your items accordingly.
Be wary of new buyers, and be wary of negative feedback. Look under the feedback listings of the buyer to find out what happened.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new