How do I even go about removing this???

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but it normally comes out abt midnight every night, I just have to bait it a bit better for it to fully extend like it did tonight. I had no idea it was this large
It’s not that big. They get large in tanks with enough food. It’s cool but nothing crazy or spectacular. If you really want to remove it then you can. It’s not difficult.

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throw it in a bucket with water he will last days until you can get a small aquarium
They’ll be low maintenance right? No need for water change? I may just go buy a small desk aquarium for like 50 bucks tomorrow or something and stick a rock in there and put a peppermint shrimp and that worm in there just to vibe I’ll call it my “pest” tank lol. (My peppermint was sold to me as a camelback).

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not that big. They get large in tanks with enough food. It’s cool but nothing crazy or spectacular. If you really want to remove it then you can. It’s not difficult.
Pretty big for an aquarium that is thirty gallons and is only around 3 ft long

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty big for an aquarium that is thirty gallons and is only around 3 ft long
I see you want it to be. So I’ll let you have it. Yes it’s amazingly HUGE! OMG! It’s the biggest I’ve ever seen! Only in a 30? Wow! OMG! You are 1 in a million!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco/pet smart $20-30 aquarium.
They’ll be low maintenance right? No need for water change? I may just go buy a small desk aquarium for like 50 bucks tomorrow or something and stick a rock in there and put a peppermint shrimp and that worm in there just to vibe I’ll call it my “pest” tank lol. (My peppermint was sold to me as a camelback).
Water movement is good but no need for crazy filtration. If you get a combo deal then you can add other scary hitchhikers or inverts. That kinda what I got going on. My DT, 2 QT/Observing tanks, and a frag grow out tank.

Attachments

• 402832F7-EEEB-4B54-A94A-E3D7601D13E9.jpeg
    402832F7-EEEB-4B54-A94A-E3D7601D13E9.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 19

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion would honestly be leave it or try and give it to someone local that wants it. Concentrate on your main tank, unless you desire another project to add ....it all takes time , patience and dedication right? But thats just me, I'm a bit more lazy reefer over the years in some facets. It's beneficial to my sanity. Lol

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you want it to be. So I’ll let you have it. Yes it’s amazingly HUGE! OMG! It’s the biggest I’ve ever seen! Only in a 30? Wow! OMG! You are 1 in a million!
That isn’t a basic bristle worm,no matter what you feed it. Definitely a fireworm and I would say it’s pretty large. Sorry, I assume you got bigger in your tank?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be using long salad tongs then flinging that baby out the door as far as it would fly. Bye bye now.... Bye bye!

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion would honestly be leave it or try and give it to someone local that wants it. Concentrate on your main tank, unless you desire another project to add ....it all takes time , patience and dedication right? But thats just me, I'm a bit more lazy reefer over the years in some facets. It's beneficial to my sanity. Lol
Yea honestly that may be the best course of action, I may do something similar in the future, but at the current moment I got a little bit of space I could maybe fit another tank. I may just find somebody local to give it to. Looks like it’s time to go on Facebook marketplace lol I doubt my LFS wants my bristleworm, but they did want my peppermint. So you never know.

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be using long salad tongs then flinging that baby out the door as far as it would fly. Bye bye now.... Bye bye!
LOL totally agree, but it is quite cool. If it was smaller I def would do that but it is quite large now and I find it intriguing

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea honestly that may be the best course of action, I may do something similar in the future, but at the current moment I got a little bit of space I could maybe fit another tank. I may just find somebody local to give it to. Looks like it’s time to go on Facebook marketplace lol I doubt my LFS wants my bristleworm, but they did want my peppermint. So you never know.
You don’t want to meet the type of person face to face that wants to keep that worm. Lol. No chance I would use FB MP to sell that thing

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t want to meet the type of person face to face that wants to keep that worm. Lol. No chance I would use FB MP to sell that thing
You raise a very good point. And I am going to be retracting my earlier statement of even considering doing an in person deal LOL

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You raise a very good point. And I am going to be retracting my earlier statement of even considering doing an in person deal LOL
Well, we all agree on one thing...Get it out of your DT as soon as possible. I’ve got a bristle worm trap but that guy wouldn’t fit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back