How do I get my rock ready?

  • Thread starter Thread starter seaweed88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seaweed88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
209
Reaction score
5
Location
Indiana 46514
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shut down a Bio Cube and my Frag system about 6 months ago. I put the rock from the Bio Cube into the half empty Frag tank, turned off the pumps and let them sit.
I am setting up a Seahorse system and want to use the rock in there. I want the Seahorse system to be as free of pathogens as possible and I am concerned with using the rock. I am going to cycle it using ammonia and would like to know what I need to do with this rock to make it safe for the system
Thanks
Mark
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new