How do I save/recover this monti?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zach_jb69
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zach_jb69

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2023
Messages
115
Reaction score
57
Location
New york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started bleaching a bit or at least losing color. I did have it higher up than normal for a few days, idk if light shock is a thing. Temps never higher than 79. Healing aspect, do I feed it? Move it to lower flow or light areas? Or let it be and let nature do its thing?

image.jpg image.jpg
 
What kind of lights do you have? They normally like higher light and higher flow. No need to feed it, that red monti grows like a weed. What are the water parameters?
 
What kind of lights do you have? They normally like higher light and higher flow. No need to feed it, that red monti grows like a weed. What are the water parameters?
I tested 2 days ago and they were the following: Nitrate : 5-10 (API charts are impossible to read w such a slight coloring difference) nitrite:0 ammonia:0 Ca:390 mg:1300 ph:8 unfortunately my po4 test hasn’t come yet and I do not know my alk, though it’s been 8 for a few months so my alk should be within 6-8
 
I tested 2 days ago and they were the following: Nitrate : 5-10 (API charts are impossible to read w such a slight coloring difference) nitrite:0 ammonia:0 Ca:390 mg:1300 ph:8 unfortunately my po4 test hasn’t come yet and I do not know my alk, though it’s been 8 for a few months so my alk should be within 6-8
What kind of lights do you have? They normally like higher light and higher flow. No need to feed it, that red monti grows like a weed. What are the water parameters?
I have jebao AL-90s I think they’re 90w but I keep my blue at 90 White at 10 and don’t particularly care for reds and green. I realized it’s color difference once I moved it from less than halfway down to 3/4 of the height of my tank.
 
I’ve seen this happen to my wwc grafted monti and I just left it alone in a good spot and in couple weeks I started seeing the color back. In my case I think it started bleaching because I kept moving it from tank to tank.
Monti caps are usually more forgiving when it comes to sps corals. I’m sure it will bounce back in no time.
 
I’ve seen this happen to my wwc grafted monti and I just left it alone in a good spot and in couple weeks I started seeing the color back. In my case I think it started bleaching because I kept moving it from tank to tank.
Monti caps are usually more forgiving when it comes to sps corals. I’m sure it will bounce back in no time.
Thanks dude, gives me hope, I did do something a reefer wouldn’t do and I put a sponge local to long island in my tank as a test. Came home clouded my tank up and I had to do 2 water changes. I think it was that and moving it to different lighting
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new