How do I set up the A8 Pro Max lighting for LPS?

small8

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
Bangkok Thailand
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32-inch tank. Currently, the light is installed 12 inches above the water surface, and i uesd factory-supplied LPS mode. But i adjustments a little bit ,because I understand that UV light can damage coral tissue.
I'm currently running at 35%. It's causing the Hammer coral to shrink, but the others still appear to be blooming normally. Please advice.
 
This's my hammer coral, my setup and my tank. 20260215_203759.jpg Screenshot_20260215_205341_AIPAI.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20260215_143932.mp4
    42.8 MB
Upvote 0
I have a 32-inch tank. Currently, the light is installed 12 inches above the water surface, and i uesd factory-supplied LPS mode. But i adjustments a little bit ,because I understand that UV light can damage coral tissue.
I'm currently running at 35%. It's causing the Hammer coral to shrink, but the others still appear to be blooming normally. Please advice.
12 inch above water and your % make sense.
Maybe the hammer was in less PAR before your change ?
If it start to lose color you can turn off the white light for "sometimes".

Ps: the therm "UV" in led, are not "real UV" (uvc etc...) they could have call them violet or whatever.
 
Upvote 0
I have a 32-inch tank. Currently, the light is installed 12 inches above the water surface, and i uesd factory-supplied LPS mode. But i adjustments a little bit ,because I understand that UV light can damage coral tissue.
I'm currently running at 35%. It's causing the Hammer coral to shrink, but the others still appear to be blooming normally. Please advice.
12 inch above water and your % make sense.
Maybe the hammer was in less PAR before your change ?
If it start to lose color you can turn off the white light for "sometimes".

Ps: the therm "UV" in led, are not "real UV" (uvc etc...) they could have call them violet or whatever.
thank you very much I can use LPS mode without reducing the UV count, right?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new