How do you acclimte your new fish?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,872
Reaction score
122,528
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And if you have photos please share!
 
Most of the time I follow the drip method guidelines from DFS.

For sensitive/very expensive fish, I float the bag for 10 minutes and match my QT tank water salinity and PH to the water in the bag and place the fish in my QT. I can then make adjustments slowly w/out having to worry about ammonia.
 
I always use the drip method. Before I even start the drip I temp acclimate the bag for 15 - 30 mins. Then I check salinity and pH. Then start the drip based on what water parms are and what I'm acclimating.
 
I float the bags for 10-15 minutes. Next, I empty the contents into a bucket and use the drip method. Usually I will do it for about an hour, removing water every 10 miuntes.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 17.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new