How do you do water changes.

Man I hate that I can't edit, anyway my water changes are just a quick 5 gallon syphon into a ten gallon, and pour into tub. Fill 5 gallons with RO mix salt and proceed. :)


I need gills @_@
 
I do it the old fashion way of siphoning water from display into 5 gallon buckets then refill using 5 gallon water jugs but I have been looking for an easier way. Probably once I do my next set up as this one is not too difficult
 
I definitely need to spend some more money on this part of my reefing!

I have a 10g trash can with a heater and Koralia in it. I add water by the 1g jug, usually 4g per waterchange and turn on the Koralia and heater. Once it's up to temperature I add my mix and let run until I'm ready to use it (usually same day).

I siphon water, gunk, and algae from the tank into a 5g bucket with gallon marks and dump that down the toilet. I then break out an old return pump with a hose attached and put it in the trash can after turning off the Koralia and heater. Run that to the tank and clean off everything when done and store it for next time.

One day I gotta get an RO/DI. Then I can have a container to mix saltwater, one for top off storage, and the waste line to fill one up for waterchanges on freshwater tanks that I use tap water in already. Won't fix the chore of carrying water though...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new