How do you estimate the relative DOS run time so to be proactive in replacing the DOS Headcap?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if I have this accurate. Help would greatly be appreciate. Maybe there is a simpler way and I am totally missing it.

I am trying to proactive with the DOS headcap and so interesting to know how you have been figuring out how much time it's used relative to the suggested "Neptune Systems recommends that these be replaced approximately every 700 hours of pump run time.".

total run time per dos in min.total run time in min.total run time in hours per day
mL per min
25​
3.176​
454.168​
mL per dos
79.4​
# of doses
143​
min. per hour
60​

Below is a summary of my DOS for AWC.

1615744600370.png

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save yourself some $$ and just replace the peri tubing.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this a while back in another thread. I do replace the peri tubing every six months, but have not yet had to replace the rollers. Hard to see why the plastic shell would ever need replacing.
----------------------------------------------------------
This is what I used to replace the peristaltic tubing in the DoS pump head. Also want to put a little lubricating ‘grease’ on the tubing. Also check the condition of the roller heads. Those don’t last forever either. I figure, depending on use, every six months for the peri tubing and two years for the rollers.

OP
OP
reef-rc

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this a while back in another thread. I do replace the peri tubing every six months, but have not yet had to replace the rollers. Hard to see why the plastic shell would ever need replacing.
This is what I used to replace the peristaltic tubing in the DoS pump head. Also want to put a little lubricating ‘grease’ on the tubing. Also check the condition of the roller heads. Those don’t last forever either. I figure, depending on use, every six months for the peri tubing and two years for the rollers.

Thank you for suggesting alternatives. Does seem wasteful and environmentally unfriendly to replace the complete component if parts could be replace in increments. For example - Versa has the Replacement Tube Assembly. I don't see why this has to be the whole assembly.

I am going to give your suggestion a try. Thanks.

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the info. This was just being talked about in one of the DOS repair threads.

OP
OP
reef-rc

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I circle back to this thread (wow...9 months ago) since I had asked the question. Thanks to ca1ore

I finally gotten around replacing the peri tubing. Process was simple enough. I did this with two headcaps and both have been going good so far. Pic of the tools I used below in case others considering going down this path.

20211208_181545.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back