How do you feed your filter feeders?

  • Thread starter Thread starter townjas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

townjas

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
267
Reaction score
69
Location
Lansing, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing Phyto Feast daily to feed my filter feeders(mostly for my pods). I am just curious what others use. Anything more cost effective?
 
When I make up food for the tank I use 2 shot glasses half filled with tank water. In one glass goes 1 cube of mysis and 1 cube of brine, the other glass gets a chunk of nutramar ova. I then put in some Selcon into each glass and let it sit. During feeding I use all of the food and water/selcon, even if it means rinsing the glass in the tank. So long story short, I use selcon for my filter feeders.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new