How do you have your RO/DI set up? Looking for solutions to AZ heat.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a picture of my setup in my build thread here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/w...ds-270g-peninsula.256483/page-13#post-3845289
Ignore the QT tanks and the wine fridge. :)

From what I read of your situation, I'd find a way to get the unit in the laundry room (even if that means making a bit of space inside your cabinet) and then run the output line to a storage tank in your garage.
I love the wine fridge in the laundry room -- oh now I'm inspired!
Drinking Laundry.png

Joshua Mummery

I Like Turtles
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine in my garage here in Tucson for over 3 years now. its connected to the side of the hose from the hose bib and runs into the garage. I use the RO buddy booster to help water pressure and automatic flush when its done filling up my rodi water tank.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking slightly more about this - if you do wish to keep the membrane out of the garage heat, you could have just the membrane located in the laundry room and the prefilters and DI cartridges out in the garage.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided on a two part install. RO section will go under the kitchen sink allowing us to have drinking water. Also keeping temps down on the membrane.

The DI side has 2 options that I am considering
1. be portable and connected when needed.
2. Mount it inside a cabinet adjacent to my RO mounted system.
In either case I am going to be moving water in a 44g brute trash can on wheels. Down the road things might change but for now this will be what I have to do.

Thanks everyone for input.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am a retired MSgt living in the far reaches of the west valley (south west of Luke). Sounds like you figured it out. I personally don't run my RODI during the day, it's programmed to come on at 0 dark thirty, just to ensure the hot cold water is the coldest it can be in the summer.
When I was stationed in Wyoming, I had to put my RODI on the opposite side of the house in the laundry room (plumbed just as evolve described on page 1). It didn't take long for me to hate wheeling all that water clear across the house, I ended up running the 1/4" plastic line along the base boards of the house, just to have it closer to the tank.

Point being, with some forward thinking you can have the RODI unit anywhere in the house and [neatly] plumb it to a convenient location in the house.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back