How do you juggle your tank with family/wife?

Deedles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and kids like to help with the aquarium. I try to keep my bioload low, and stick to easy corals to keep the maintenance minimal. It works for us. If it wasn't, I'd change something. My husband has some pretty intense hobbies (restoring/selling old cars/motorcycles), so he doesn't complain about the minimal time and (relatively) minimal money I spend.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve left the hobby twice due to work/kids. In this last iteration my Apex and the Balling method have made my longevity possinle. My Apex tracks parameters and alerts me when needed. It controls a solenoid that handles all my ato needs and runs everything else. I use ATI essentials so I probably don’t need to change the water but I do anyway, once every other month or more if I feel like it.

Most weeks I’m lucky to have a minute to feed the tank each day. I usually have fifteen minutes around 11pm to look everything over. If I still had to do weekly water changes and constantly fill my ato reservoir I’d have left again.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and kids like to help with the aquarium. I try to keep my bioload low, and stick to easy corals to keep the maintenance minimal. It works for us. If it wasn't, I'd change something. My husband has some pretty intense hobbies (restoring/selling old cars/motorcycles), so he doesn't complain about the minimal time and (relatively) minimal money I spend.
Sounds like a perfect plan right here! Simple and easy!

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id really like to see everyones tank! Everyone that has posted in this thread, do you mind posting a shot of your tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Although its' family First, we jointly admire and enjoy the hobby in whole

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back