How do you like your Trident NP?

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,751
Reaction score
2,772
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I never got around to getting one. Like the title says? I have a Mastertronic. But, I am fed up with Focustronic gear, with the company with Mr Wang. Focustronic gear could be some of the worst reefing purchases I have ever made. So, how close to accurate are Po4 and No3 on the NP? Is there any maintenance you have to do? Is there another company that makes reagents for them? How often are you calibrating the NP?
 
I like it. I think a lot of people gave up when they were having issues upon release which has really sullied the device. I bought one a few weeks ago since they added the option to calibrate it and it’s been right in line with my Hanna.

Since I have only used it for a little bit I don’t have answers about cleaning and calibration, but it hasn’t drifted.
 
Ain’t bad — happy with mine. If you already have an Apex and Trident, it makes sense. I do know that the range is off between the Hanna but I just care about the trend. Close enough is good for me. Even with the Hanna, our hobby grade tests are not “accurate” either, right?

I don’t like the 2-mos test solution though. It’s $30/mo added to your subscription model. Ugh

IMG_5501.png
 
What do you mean by subscription? Are they automatically sending you test solution?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new