How do you program a switch socket to react to a float valve/level input

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning,

Last night I came home to an overflowing skimmer cup. I'd like to put a float valve in the skimmer cup to prevent this. (PL-0077)

If I added this float sensor, how do I program the switched port controlling the skimmer to "turn off"? I couldn't see "level" in the drop down list of options.

I'm also assuming it's possible to cut the sensor's wire and put a joiner in - unplugging it from the Profilux every time I removed my skimmer cup for cleaning seems like a bit of a nightmare. The other option for this (I guess) in the ADIN expansion card - but that seems like overkill.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have no programming on the switch port used for the skimmer then program a level port to keep the skimmer on until it activated then it will turn it off. If you have already programmed something programed on the switch port that runs your skimmer then we would use advance program logic.

level port showing skimmer bucket full

3F4DF5C6-94CC-4106-A3EC-29A918B79EDF.png

Since I had other logic programed on my switchport to control my skimmer I had to use advance logic also.
816F5D6E-47E1-4F7D-AA56-CB78B574D069.png

How are you currently setup

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Ditto

Currently Skimmer is only set to always on with a 3 minute delay after blackout.

So Level 1 (port on back on unit) is Control Circuit 7?

Control Circuit 7 (along with others) seems to be all about water changes and not whether a sensor is "on" or "off".

I was hoping for something like "Level 1" being available as an option for the switch port with 2 states (0 or 1, on or off, etc)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I have quite a few sensors on my tank. On on the back of the unit are two level ports on your P4. bottom on purple is levels sensor port 1 and if you use a level sensor Y cable will become level sensor 1 and Level sensor 2. The green port which is the top port above the purple port is Level Sensor 3 and if a Y cable is used a level Sensor 4.

Since you have none plugged in you would plug your sensor into the purple port then go to your level control circuit 1. (Unless you already used it) and you would assign the sensor 1 to that level control circuit.

Below is the Control Circuit being tied to sensor 1

0D08C3F1-B58E-45F1-9654-00C72E7D450C.png
47325741-0366-43AF-B820-6C2D093F23FA.png

I sent mine to reset errors automatically.

This is going to give you the on and off based on the float switch.

Then update your switch channel with a fill ato only and choose the level control circuit you selected above. Which for me I programed it on Control circuit 1.

1EE19572-1DBF-4D03-9B19-EE6095EBBBCA.png

Hope this explains it better :)

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - I think I understand the logic (it will make sense once I get the sensor) however I still have an issue that all the "wording" is driven around water changes/ATO's, etc when in fact it's a generic "On/Off" switch/sensor and would be more "universal" if it were label as such in the software

But thanks for the examples - I can understand the flow and should be able to hook it up fine.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th
This exact scenario is covered on page 64 of the P4 Resource Guide. :)
Thanks - as I have a P3 I've never downloaded any of the P4 documentation but it makes sense how to do it. I understand how it will work 100% (just a little hung up on the name "FILL WATER" as a function) but it will achieve what I am trying to do. I'll need to go through the recourse guide and see what other little handy hints are in there that also apply to the P3.

Cheers

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back