How Do You Remove A Peppermint Shrimp From A Tank?

reeftankdude

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
552
Reaction score
220
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about adding a peppermint shrimp into my tank. How do I remove it if things do not work out? Looks like I should get the first shrimp in this image of peppermint shrimps. What say you? Thanks all

the right shrimp.PNG
 
What is your reason for wanting one? There are much nicer looking shrimp without the negative possibilities. Unless you have aiptasia and it's still a crap shoot if they'll eat it.
Yep. I found two small ones of the pest.
 
Thinking about adding a peppermint shrimp into my tank. How do I remove it if things do not work out? Looks like I should get the first shrimp in this image of peppermint shrimps. What say you? Thanks all

the right shrimp.PNG
I trapped mine for removal after it turned on coral
 
Mine comes out and dances after lights out so black ops mission under some red light will suffice to remove him if needed via net.
So you use a red light to catch a peppermint shrimp? Please further explain. Thnaks
 
I've got 5 wrasses and they don't mess with peppers at all.
You are lucky. I can't keep any shrimp with tomato clowns or wrasses. I have to keep them in plastic soup carryout bowls with lids and holes drilled in them. (In my retail tanks that is)
 
You are lucky. I can't keep any shrimp with tomato clowns or wrasses. I have to keep them in plastic soup carryout bowls with lids and holes drilled in them. (In my retail tanks that is)
Strange, I've got cleaners, red fire, peppers emerald crabs etc... and had a banded and the fish left them alone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new