How do you use Hydrogn Peroxide to kill algae

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a small amount of hair algae between my heads on my candy cane coral and on a few rocks. Does anyone know how to get rid of the algae with Hydrogen Peroxide? I also have some algae on other rocks i was going to use the hydrogen peroxide in the turkey baster and squirt where the algae is. Will the hydrogeen peroxide hurt the fish and other corals in the tank? How do you mix the hydrogen peroxide and use it as a dip if you can do it that way.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip my rocks or frags in it if I have a algae problem. I just take a bowl of tank water place the frag in it and add peroxide slowly until the frag starts to fizz a little bit. I believe it works out to be 30%peroxide and 70% tank water. I also just use the common household peroxide not the concentrated stuff. I usually dip for 5 min.

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dipping frags in a mix of tank water and hydrogen peroxide works very well.
I have also dosed 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10gal of system water volume to battle bryopsis with great results; should help with hair algae as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back