How do you use Hydrogn Peroxide to kill algae

iloveswfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
344
Reaction score
13
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a small amount of hair algae between my heads on my candy cane coral and on a few rocks. Does anyone know how to get rid of the algae with Hydrogen Peroxide? I also have some algae on other rocks i was going to use the hydrogen peroxide in the turkey baster and squirt where the algae is. Will the hydrogeen peroxide hurt the fish and other corals in the tank? How do you mix the hydrogen peroxide and use it as a dip if you can do it that way.
 
I dip my rocks or frags in it if I have a algae problem. I just take a bowl of tank water place the frag in it and add peroxide slowly until the frag starts to fizz a little bit. I believe it works out to be 30%peroxide and 70% tank water. I also just use the common household peroxide not the concentrated stuff. I usually dip for 5 min.
 
Dipping frags in a mix of tank water and hydrogen peroxide works very well.
I have also dosed 1ml of hydrogen peroxide per 10gal of system water volume to battle bryopsis with great results; should help with hair algae as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new