Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL!

pga7602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cromag, I've been following your threads and noticed that most of your nems are grown out in acrylic boxes. I have also started doing this and notice growth has slowed down. Possibly do to lack of flow. Do you have any issues with growth or notice the lack thereof when you grow them out in boxes?

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I haven't noticed that, but I do buy and sell quickly sometimes so they're not in there for too long. I can understand what you're saying though and it makes sense. does your box have holes or slots for flow?

cromag, I've been following your threads and noticed that most of your nems are grown out in acrylic boxes. I have also started doing this and notice growth has slowed down. Possibly do to lack of flow. Do you have any issues with growth or notice the lack thereof when you grow them out in boxes?

pga7602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I haven't noticed that, but I do buy and sell quickly sometimes so they're not in there for too long. I can understand what you're saying though and it makes sense. does your box have holes or slots for flow?
Great Question. Yes, I have holes similar to your slots. I have it in my main display but no direct pump shooting at the box so flow is pretty much non existent. I just thought to ask you since you seem to be growing them quite nicely in your boxes :)

Great looking nems and box by the way. Great work!

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! depending on how many holes you have and the size, I could have more area for flow. I also keep them pretty close my gyre.

Great Question. Yes, I have holes similar to your slots. I have it in my main display but no direct pump shooting at the box so flow is pretty much non existent. I just thought to ask you since you seem to be growing them quite nicely in your boxes :)

Great looking nems and box by the way. Great work!

Frosty Latte

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! depending on how many holes you have and the size, I could have more area for flow. I also keep them pretty close my gyre.

I thought nem growth had to do with light for the zoxenthellie and actual food it consumes. Didn't think flow would do anything for them other than take toxins away from excess food.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow can effect how much food the anemone gets, if you're not spot feeding.

I thought nem growth had to do with light for the zoxenthellie and actual food it consumes. Didn't think flow would do anything for them other than take toxins away from excess food.

Frosty Latte

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow can effect how much food the anemone gets, if you're not spot feeding.

Since I only have 12 gallon with 2 fish, I pretty much only spot feed. I forget others have lots of fish and just let food float around naturally. Thanks :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! Love the pic!!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 68 51.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back