How does an AIO aquarium work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NewR33FER
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NewR33FER

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Messages
47
Reaction score
29
Location
Kansas City
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve been looking for a 4 foot peninsula for a long time, and haven’t found the option that suits me, Red Sea is too expensive for my budget and I don’t know if I’m willing to take the risk. Hi Ish prices with water box and a bad experience with customer service is drawing me away from them. So, one of the ideas I have right now, is to buy a bare glass tank and stand. And silicone acrylic to make an all-in-one chamber. If say, I wanted to add a protein skimmer, and auto top off, would water level be a hard thing to control? Wood going for an all-in-one that is 80 some gallons still be OK for all in one? I’m planning to pair it skimmer wise with a Tunze 9012, which is a slim skimmer with high-performance
 
You would want to create a chamber system in the AIO compartment. That way the water level stays consistent in at least 1 or 2 chambers and the ATO sensor would be in the return chamber.

I would look for good pictures or schematics of somehting like the Waterbox 25 gallon peninsula. Copy their 3 chamber design and put the AIO compartment on a "short" side.
 
Fiji Cube sells aio insert kits to turn a regular tank into an aio
if they don’t have exactly what you want maybe looking at them can at least give you some ideas
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new