How fast do cleaner shrimps grow?

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so three months ago i bought a skunk cleaner shrimp online for my 210g and found out this guy is tiny, almost couldn't see him in the bag. The guy who sold the shrimp said it was medium. i have been keeping this little guy for a while in the coral qt and hasn't grown much since. i have some fish that eat tiny shrimp, though wouldn't bother adult cleaners in my DT. I feel kinda bad keeping the shrimp in the qt, plus its a 10g and im looking to tear down the coral qt to build a bigger one. my friend is looking to stock his biocube 16 though i know the min tank size for cleaners is 30g, what's your opinion on letting the shrimp grow a bit bigger in the biocube? i feel like the little guy would be happier with liverock and corals around. Currently the size of a small finger nail, how fast do they usually grow?

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so three months ago i bought a skunk cleaner shrimp online for my 210g and found out this guy is tiny, almost couldn't see him in the bag. The guy who sold the shrimp said it was medium. i have been keeping this little guy for a while in the coral qt and hasn't grown much since. i have some fish that eat tiny shrimp, though wouldn't bother adult cleaners in my DT. I feel kinda bad keeping the shrimp in the qt, plus its a 10g and im looking to tear down the coral qt to build a bigger one. my friend is looking to stock his biocube 16 though i know the min tank size for cleaners is 30g, what's your opinion on letting the shrimp grow a bit bigger in the biocube? i feel like the little guy would be happier with liverock and corals around. Currently the size of a small finger nail, how fast do they usually grow?
They grow pretty slow. It would be just fine in the biocube for awhile.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back