how fast do you recken Trachys grow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Devaji

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
7,865
Reaction score
6,793
Location
Jackson Hole, WY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering what you guys think is the growth rte of trachys? looking at some smaller one and wondering how long it gonna take to get big and fluffy?
 
They grow slow to moderate- not fast growers
 
that is my experience as well.
so lets say a 2" one would take 1.5 years to double in size?
( I know there are many growth factors involved here like flow lighting and feeding )
If you’re just looking for fluffy and not really growth. I had mine go from a 2-3” semi inflated trachy in my lfs to a huge 6+“ monster in a couple months.

When first added to tank (June 2020)
0E7B1C51-4F9A-447B-ADCE-1152D2F0CFEC.jpeg
8D72282A-170E-42F9-85B6-4505E0D397F4.jpeg
92FB5757-E391-477A-9D6E-A662DA0C5CC5.jpeg
B5731288-2B3A-4D80-A692-C945A23B895F.jpeg


Here it is a few weeks ago. It’s been huge for awhile though.
514E3885-AD1D-47DD-958B-8972024BF187.jpeg
DBEB142B-FAE1-4F9F-823B-60E3055084FE.jpeg
And a top down to show the sheer size of this thing!
CCA570A9-9E6E-47F2-A8A9-E6D316017899.jpeg
 
If you’re just looking for fluffy and not really growth. I had mine go from a 2-3” semi inflated trachy in my lfs to a huge 6+“ monster in a couple months.

When first added to tank (June 2020)
0E7B1C51-4F9A-447B-ADCE-1152D2F0CFEC.jpeg
8D72282A-170E-42F9-85B6-4505E0D397F4.jpeg
92FB5757-E391-477A-9D6E-A662DA0C5CC5.jpeg
B5731288-2B3A-4D80-A692-C945A23B895F.jpeg


Here it is a few weeks ago. It’s been huge for awhile though.
514E3885-AD1D-47DD-958B-8972024BF187.jpeg
DBEB142B-FAE1-4F9F-823B-60E3055084FE.jpeg
And a top down to show the sheer size of this thing!
CCA570A9-9E6E-47F2-A8A9-E6D316017899.jpeg

wow! now that is some inflation I can get into...lol
what is your secret? that is amazing
 
Honestly I have no clue lol.

I have been through all the struggles with this thing and it just keeps chugging along. It’s really my favorite coral. It’s been through some crazy alk swings (1-2 dkh in a week), a 4 month Dino battle and currently I have white bugs on my sps. During the Dino battle I seen it poop at least twice a week and spit out huge clumps of Dino’s was only coral to never seem affected by them.

Only thing I can think of is that it is getting a decent amount of light. It’s sitting 2” off center and about 20” under one of my 16hd prime at sps settings and 6-8” off center of the lps setting light. In a nuvo 20 don’t have par data but I believe it’s in higher then what most people keep them in.

lps light
B3B1C29F-FD48-4F4B-809F-F7D56F0BD777.jpeg
Sps light
992D0BCB-8AF9-49ED-8F58-A78D694FF0F6.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new