How fast does a spotted moray eel grow?

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gymnothorax moringa, hes 19" in a 125 fowlr with a 9.5" volitan lionfish, 4" blue hippo, 4" sailfin tang, 6.5" one spot foxface, 3.75" niger trigger and a 3.75" picasso, also are they all compatible? He just hides and sometimes opens his mouth for food he eats tilapia and shrimp with selcon added from tongs, he was free from a lfs owner

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eels tend to grow pretty quick if fed appropriately, the smaller morays will be full size within a couple of years. A larger one like this could grow a foot a year, there are obviously variables, just a rough estimate. Their real attitude will likely come out in a year to two. And just a heads up, lions don't usually fair well with fang tooth eels. Their perching habits and slow moving makes them a target.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eels tend to grow pretty quick if fed appropriately, the smaller morays will be full size within a couple of years. A larger one like this could grow a foot a year, there are obviously variables, just a rough estimate. Their real attitude will likely come out in a year to two. And just a heads up, lions don't usually fair well with fang tooth eels. Their perching habits and slow moving makes them a target.
The lion is huge though

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lion is huge though

Doesn't matter, these eels have very sharp teeth and strong jaws. Eels are one the most prevalent predators of lions in the wild, in an enclosed glass cage, there's no contest. That eel will likely settle in around 4' and as thick as a man's forearm.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't matter, these eels have very sharp teeth and strong jaws. Eels are one the most prevalent predators of lions in the wild, in an enclosed glass cage, there's no contest. That eel will likely settle in around 4' and as thick as a man's forearm.
No one wants to buy it though.. I asked $50 qtd no luck, it was free from an lfs owner since he was getting some anthias fish

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back