How frequently do Trochus snails spawn?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Levinson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Levinson

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2020
Messages
696
Reaction score
456
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do Trochus snails spawn in your aquarium?

I'm looking for different ideas and sources of zooplankton to experiment/use as a potential live feed for small larvae to supplement other live feed such as BBS, copepods, etc.
So I've been looking for an easy-to keep, relatively frequent broadcast spawning marine animals then I came across Trochus snails. I've never kept a Trochus snail before but I've read they are broadcast spawners so I was wondering if I could use them as a potential zooplankton generator.

If you know of any other animals that are easy-to keep, relatively frequent broadcast spawner, that you think has a potential, please let me know.
They don't have to be spawing all the time but hopefully something that spawns more then just a couple of times a year.
 
Spawning frequency in snails like Trochus, much like other marine invertebrates, is influenced by a variety of environmental factors including temperature, food availability, light cycles, and water quality.

However, in a stable and suitable aquarium environment, Trochus snails have been observed to spawn every 4 to 6 weeks. Keep in mind that this is a rough estimate, as the frequency can vary based on the factors mentioned above.
 
Spawning frequency in snails like Trochus, much like other marine invertebrates, is influenced by a variety of environmental factors including temperature, food availability, light cycles, and water quality.

However, in a stable and suitable aquarium environment, Trochus snails have been observed to spawn every 4 to 6 weeks. Keep in mind that this is a rough estimate, as the frequency can vary based on the factors mentioned above.
Thank you for the valuable info!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new