How frequently do Trochus snails spawn?

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do Trochus snails spawn in your aquarium?

I'm looking for different ideas and sources of zooplankton to experiment/use as a potential live feed for small larvae to supplement other live feed such as BBS, copepods, etc.
So I've been looking for an easy-to keep, relatively frequent broadcast spawning marine animals then I came across Trochus snails. I've never kept a Trochus snail before but I've read they are broadcast spawners so I was wondering if I could use them as a potential zooplankton generator.

If you know of any other animals that are easy-to keep, relatively frequent broadcast spawner, that you think has a potential, please let me know.
They don't have to be spawing all the time but hopefully something that spawns more then just a couple of times a year.

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spawning frequency in snails like Trochus, much like other marine invertebrates, is influenced by a variety of environmental factors including temperature, food availability, light cycles, and water quality.

However, in a stable and suitable aquarium environment, Trochus snails have been observed to spawn every 4 to 6 weeks. Keep in mind that this is a rough estimate, as the frequency can vary based on the factors mentioned above.

OP
OP
Levinson

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spawning frequency in snails like Trochus, much like other marine invertebrates, is influenced by a variety of environmental factors including temperature, food availability, light cycles, and water quality.

However, in a stable and suitable aquarium environment, Trochus snails have been observed to spawn every 4 to 6 weeks. Keep in mind that this is a rough estimate, as the frequency can vary based on the factors mentioned above.
Thank you for the valuable info!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back