How harmful is this guy?

TheCrimsonChinh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping I don't have to remove this rock, a pistol shrimp and his goby friend made a home under it.

wnQkA6p.jpg

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try baiting a container with snails. I wonder if they eat clam pieces or just live clam.

OP
OP
TheCrimsonChinh

TheCrimsonChinh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a little bottle trap with some mysis. Would this work better with the lights off?

Homestead_Dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on your hunt. How long or big is this thing? How fast is it? I have good luck sucking things out with turkey baster.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try baiting a container with snails. I wonder if they eat clam pieces or just live clam.
I use this. Was the easiest and could fit it anywhere. Rocks sand, both. And 1st night I got 12 bristles. Used a shrimp and coral frenzy pellets. Make sure the straws are pointed down 2wards the sand so they crawl up gen fall and can't get back in and leave the straws 1/2 way in.

image.jpg

Homestead_Dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this. Was the easiest and could fit it anywhere. Rocks sand, both. And 1st night I got 12 bristles. Used a shrimp and coral frenzy pellets. Make sure the straws are pointed down 2wards the sand so they crawl up gen fall and can't get back in and leave the straws 1/2 way in.

image.jpg

Cool.

OP
OP
TheCrimsonChinh

TheCrimsonChinh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg

Is there a way to get it to fully leave the rock and enter the trap? I'm watching it eat out of my trap while part of it is still in the rock. I'm guessing this thing is pretty long.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to get it to fully leave the rock and enter the trap? I'm watching it eat out of my trap while part of it is still in the rock. I'm guessing this thing is pretty long.
Use longer straws so it's forced 2 leave it's refuge. Also feed sparingly 2 fish so they don't get scraps so there is more of a draw for it 2 fully enter. the biggest I've caught in mine was 3 inches long almost. I place it b4 lights go off like 20 mins and retrieve it b4 lights pop on. I like 2 put mine wedged between a rocks and 2 straws onsand and 2 on rocks. I only use 1 currently and get 10-20 a night when I use it. U gotta make sure 2 pull it and have enough food so they stay on it vs eat and try and find a weak point. That's y a shrimp as it's huge and pellets for stronger attractant. I'll take a pic when I use it 2morrow.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.7%
Back