How high is too high pH.

reeferpat137

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With these warm spring days. Ive opened the windows to enjoy some fresh air. I took a look at my pH meter and is was at 8.6, whew that fresh air/Co² scrubber combo. Has anyone noticed negative effects from higher pH? How high is too high?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume that the pH is not 8.6 and is lower but your pH meter can't tell the difference between values of a 0.2 difference. Either way, I wouldn't worry.

OP
OP
R

reeferpat137

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume that the pH is not 8.6 and is lower but your pH meter can't tell the difference between values of a 0.2 difference. Either way, I wouldn't worry.
Ive got another tank in the same room with the same ph meter, but no scrubber hooked up yet, reading 8.2 Same milwaukee meters purchased a few months apart, not too long ago too. I hope they wouldnt be off by that much, but i know how electronics can be. And im aware of the .2 varience

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got another tank in the same room with the same ph meter, but no scrubber hooked up yet, reading 8.2 Same milwaukee meters purchased a few months apart, not too long ago too. I hope they wouldnt be off by that much, but i know how electronics can be. And im aware of the .2 varience

Eh I still wouldn't worry too much. If the anxiety gets to you, you can dose something like amino acids which should temporarily have some pH lowering effect, or dose a non pH raising alk/calcium (or an all in one) additive like carbo-calcium or all for reef.

OP
OP
R

reeferpat137

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh I still wouldn't worry too much. If the anxiety gets to you, you can dose something like amino acids which should temporarily have some pH lowering effect, or dose a non pH raising alk/calcium (or an all in one) additive like carbo-calcium or all for reef.
Already using AFR. Its the best for small tanks. I love that i dont have to worry about salinity swings from 2 part

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back