How is a simplicity 1000 pump outdoing a cor15?

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta be doing this wrong.

Somehow my simplicity 1000 pump is pushing more water than my cor15.

I gotta be plumbing this incorrectly.

I talked to brs they told me to get a 3/4 in. CPVC-CTS Slip x FIPT Adapter Fitting and a 3/4 thread to 5/8 barb. I got a 3/4 thread to 3/4 barb, and the rpms went lower but I don't think it is pushing more water.

I got it and got the cor started. It's nowhere near the same gph as my previous pump.

Far as I can tell, the pump itself is a 1" outlet and I put a 3/4 flat seat barb and screwed it in.

Should I just look for anyway to convert it to 1" to 3/4 in the least amount of hardware possible?

I don't know jack about plumbing and I've exhausted any searches I could think of

Girlsfish2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, maybe take that the Simplicity 1000 is outperforming your Cor15 as a sign of build quality. Paying for an expensive pump does not mean it is a better pump.
My Simplicity skimmer outperformed my Reef Octopus skimmer and I take that as a sign that maybe people overpay because of brand name but the quality of some of the more affordable versions are as good if not better.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back