How is my hammer adjusting? Is he splitting? AIPRIMEHD Settings?

TheWalkingCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been about 1 week in the tank under a single primehd and wondering how he is acclimating to his new tank. I've noticed this bubble forming over the last 2 days and unsure if he is stressed or splitting. I also have a zoanthid colony of 8 with one closed, not sure if that points towards anything.

PXL_20210217_004258831.jpg

(photo taken under white light)

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0 (had mini spike from cleaning gravel for the first time, but all is well)
Nitrate 5-10ppm (working on getting down)
I've attached a photo of the tank to show height from water.

Anybody else have experience with torch corals and prime lights? Screenshot_20210216-195500.png PXL_20210217_005940738.MP.jpg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far that is general polyp morphology and subject to inflate, deflate, exude red strings or one day eggs as recent posts show.

It is indeed healthy so far. if you will do basic water changes before any down trending occurs and shoot food right at it sometimes for a direct catch (hq food: roti pods and roti feast roe eggs, or rods feed coral mix tiny bb portion thawed and fed etc) then it will bud little polyps along the bottom edge one day and keep adding mass

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hidden trick: if you suspect anything ever heads wrong with him then lower the light levels overall a good portion and sustain that seven days before making any directional changes to the tank.

react to any insults with light acclimation dynamics, hidden reefing trick

when you see various sps rtn threads, lps polyp bails, all bleaching posts, power outage recovery posts, a recurring theme is everyone blasts the sun blinding strong all the time this sunburns corals that were in distress, defenses down.

add and subtract your clouds and cloudy weeks to prevent many coral loss events or at least as you adjust known causes. If you are + on feeding and water change exercise, low on stagnation and constant light burn, that rascal will grow and thrive like any mass building exercise will cause in an animal. you also have to play goodbye horses from q lazzarus to it

OP
OP
T

TheWalkingCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like all is normal in the torch world. I will keep a eye on it and closely monitor any changes.

So what you are saying is if he is anyway showing decline lower the light and make changes from there? What do you mean by cloudy weeks? Periods of high light followed by periods of low light? Or are you talking about keeping the tank clean. Sorry still a rook =D

Checked out the song, purchasing underwater speakers for all the homies in the tank.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched silence of the lambs lol during lockdown

yes the ability to brighten and dim lighting and sustain it lower during insulting events is like the relief a real reef gets during a cloudy week, then it’s back to high turnover production work and making all kinds of fluorescing proteins so the polyps won’t get sunburned. We hold straight lighting power all the time by default, it’s a hidden skill to know when to lower it and take five days to come back to current level.

OP
OP
T

TheWalkingCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly that makes perfect sense and if no one ever broke it down for me I think I would have missed it. As far as reef events go, would this classify as a cloudy event? :)

Bubble has grown a bit and seems more pronounced. This is all so fun! And scary! Looking forward to the day where my brain is calm like the ocean.

Attachments

• PXL_20210218_014756877.jpg
    PXL_20210218_014756877.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 18

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back