Is My Duncan Splitting?

Cdavis66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone think this is splitting? I've had it for just over 3 months now and it finally closed up enough during a blackout to notice these possible heads.
Duncan Split.jpeg

Also I have noticed that my purple torch is not closing fully at night... Is that a problem? It fully extends during the day but never fully pulls in its tentacles to where I can see the flesh band.

Also on a side conversation I picked up a couple of clowns last Saturday that were singled out and the only 2 in the tank at my lfs. I was assuming it was a pair as it was a deal to buy the two together. I have had some fighting going on when the lights are on. I ordered a breeder box that will be here tomorrow and going to leave one in it for a week or so and see how they get along after that. They are close in size but looking closer one is bigger in length and girth.
1704904900643.png

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With you're meaning of a ball are you saying that rather than branching?
They "branch" little stalks where the head grows, but the only purpose of the branches is usually to align all the heads into a big ball. Does that make sense?

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're talking about something like this I believe.
1704906347590.png
even that one would probably look more like a ball once it filled in. The ones ive seen that are "branching" have a central "stalk" that grows longer over time with heads and other branches spaced inches apart.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back