How is this flow for my torch?

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2023
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
9,622
Location
Durham, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I have had this torch for about 2 months and he has been on the frag rack for a while and it’s time to move him to the rocks. This torch has been doing great on the frag rack but I just don’t know how the flow is on this new spot on the rocks.

At times there’s a crazy amount of flow and at times it’ll be completely calm that OK? Do I want flow that is more consistent and not as powerful?

Here are some videos below. LMK if they work
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3473.mov
    75.3 MB
Looks fine to me. Torches can put up with a lot of flow and will typically respond with tentacle extension. I'd leave it be and see how it responds before you move it again. As long as the flow isn't laminar or unidirectional, it seems appropriate.
 
Looks fine to me. Torches can put up with a lot of flow and will typically respond with tentacle extension. I'd leave it be and see how it responds before you move it again. As long as the flow isn't laminar or unidirectional, it seems appropriate.
Ok I’ll keep an eye on it. Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new