how long and how often do you nori?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ofblong
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ofblong

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
343
Reaction score
13
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought some nori from wally world (walmart for those with no idea) for $2 for however much is in a package (seems like ALOT). Anywho I tore off a quarter of a sheet and my clowns were attacking it (still in my hand) before I could even get it under my cleaner magnet (im too lazy and cheep to buy a clip so I just put it under my cleaner magnet for now lol). Anywho they havent stopped pecking at it (the clowns and yellow tang) for the past 15 minutes. There is about 1/4 left of what I origionally put it but they are still pecking. How long do you guys leave it in until you remove the leftover and how often do you feed nori to your fish?
 
i take a small piece and put it on a clip once every other day

o and i leave it in there no longer then an hour and 99 times out of 100 its gone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I must not be liked on this forum cause your the only one that answered me lol.

I left 1/3 sheet of nori in my tank when I went to work. 9 hours later I get home and its gone. I bought the stuff at walmart thats $2 for a package. much cheaper than the LFS.
 
I place some in the tank every few days. Or whenever I happen to remember. I also use the mag float as the clip. I just leave it in there. I have a BUNCH of fish so I do not worry much about it. If I had a smaller tank I likely would remove any left after an hour.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new