How long can a Black Ear Wrasse hide??

  • Thread starter Thread starter mmopic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mmopic

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
7
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Black Ear Wrasse was visible for about 3 weeks and then vanished
I’ve looked everywhere
He did not leave the tank
But clearly is absent

IMG_9183.jpeg
 
My Black Ear Wrasse was visible for about 3 weeks and then vanished
I’ve looked everywhere
He did not leave the tank
But clearly is absent

IMG_9183.jpeg
Do you usually not have a lid on the tank and do you have cats or such?
 
Double check the floor, under the cabinet or in amongst wiring/between the wall/tank etc.

Wrasse tend to be quite jumpy.

I had similar thing happen with a fresh water fish. Couldn't find it anywhere and searched for ages. Found it amongst some power cables etc. Completely missed it the first few times I looked...
 
No lid and no cats
I’m stumped
Definitely check everywhere on the floor, wrasses are incredibly jumpy and if new or given a reason to stress out they will jump.
 
Also, look a bit further than just the floor around the tank. Fish can flop around for quite a distance.
I second this, I was at my LFS and a wrasse jumped out about 2 meters away from the tank, presumably due to it moving around after jumping out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new