How long can tank last without power?

cmcimino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on my tank, my neighbor kept the generator running everything until the morning before I arrived, because I ran out of gas. I brought more gas with me and fired it up. Tank temp had reached 86 degrees, but I had no losses besides a birdsnest. I even had a wrasse in QT that didn't have any power to it for the whole time I was gone and it survived. Got power back the evening I got home, so I cranked the AC on because it was miserable in the house. Been working on slowly lowering my tank temperature back to 78-79.

OP
OP
ScottandAlisa

ScottandAlisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on my tank, my neighbor kept the generator running everything until the morning before I arrived, because I ran out of gas. I brought more gas with me and fired it up. Tank temp had reached 86 degrees, but I had no losses besides a birdsnest. I even had a wrasse in QT that didn't have any power to it for the whole time I was gone and it survived. Got power back the evening I got home, so I cranked the AC on because it was miserable in the house. Been working on slowly lowering my tank temperature back to 78-79.

Glad your tank did well. Hope its only uphill from here!

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just finished put my tank back together! 2:05am. Fish seem to be doing fine. Along with inverts. However, when I got yesterday I saw that I missed one of my ceith snails, but that’s the only loss. How about the fact that Florence could contubite to another hurricane coming at us again!!! Look it up! 5 days to see, if it will become a tropical drpression/storm... with new sand and 55% new water and the rest from the cooler. in tank

OP
OP
ScottandAlisa

ScottandAlisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just finished put my tank back together! 2:05am. Fish seem to be doing fine. Along with inverts. However, when I got yesterday I saw that I missed one of my ceith snails, but that’s the only loss. How about the fact that Florence could contubite to another hurricane coming at us again!!! Look it up! 5 days to see, if it will become a tropical drpression/storm... with new sand and 55% new water and the rest from the cooler. in tank

I saw! Crazy... hopefully it just dissipates in the ocean. I dont think eastern NC could take another hurricane now.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is amazing the piece of mind having a generator on hand. Was always nervous because our power would randomly go out - now the generator just comes on (not sure the neighbors like the sound that much - but....

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back