How long did your feather duster live?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
2,345
Reaction score
1,616
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dwarf feather duster that has done quite well in my tank. However, I noticed he was gone the other day. When I looked closer, he must have dropped his crown, and while his original crown was about 2-3" in diameter, there is now just a fluff of about 1/4" in diameter. I have had him over 3.5 years, and this is the first time he shed his crown, and I do assume that he is dying at this point. He was a great member of my tank, and I think 3.5 years was a pretty good run. Just curious what other people have seen with theirs.
 
Sub'd to hear this as I just added one to my 90G about 3 weeks ago.
 
I had one for 3 years until my flametail blenny finally got him. He tried for a year to catch that worm, from the moment I added him to the tank.

My feather duster lost its crown twice, they re-grow in about a month. Don't worry about it. Mine even grew a double crown, that was neat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new