How long for maroon clowns to settle in?

Mdumoul2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I purchased a lightning maroon clown for my reef tank yesterday, the LFS said this guy eats like a pig. Ive tried feeding both pellet and flake with no luck so far. I don't want to pollute the water by over feeding as besides the CUC he's the only fish! Any advice helps tia.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be a day or two before he eats.

Might be worth asking what the LFS was feeding if he doesn't start eating within a couple of days and feeding that.

They tend to prefer very small foods, so if the pellets are on the large size chop them up.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely ask what was being feed. Mine eats like a horse. It did take a couple of days to settle in.
If you are wanting a bubble tip anemone maroons love bta and are thier preffered anemone

OP
OP
M

Mdumoul2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! The pellets are 2mm so I'm assuming that's it...I did buy all the food from the same LFS and acclimated for an hour just to be on the safe side, maybe it will be just a few days! Thanks again!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! The pellets are 2mm so I'm assuming that's it...I did buy all the food from the same LFS and acclimated for an hour just to be on the safe side, maybe it will be just a few days! Thanks again!

if the clowns are only small, 2mm are huge, I think pellets go down to 0.8mm, and even those can be big for small fish.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it more time to settle in you barely got it

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • None.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%
Back