How long should i wait....

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals,

How long should i wait after priming and cementing my pvc pipe for my sump.....just want to get some input...

Thanks Steve :D

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ALWAYS wait at least 10 mins if I'm using blue glue and working with ridgid pvc. If you're using over 1" or any flexible I'd wait longer. Obviously I have never read the instructions. :)

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah and whats this i hear about GE silicone II glue not being "tank safe". I have seen many arguements over if its safe or not.....

Steve

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you just want to make sure it's 100% silicone and doesn't contain any mildew/mold inhibitors. they do seem to make a big fuss over that at times :)

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it says it has a "bio-seal" on it and says it protects against mold and mildew so i guess i am ok....

Hey brian- Are you going ot have prices on your website? Or do i have to email you personally about them....

Steve :D

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it says it has a "bio-seal" on it and says it protects against mold and mildew so i guess i am ok....

Hey brian- Are you going ot have prices on your website? Or do i have to email you personally about them....

no, that is not good to use if it is to be touching water, it has stuff to inhibit bacterial and various organisms growth that you need in a reef tank.

what are you using it for?

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They got you all straight on the silicone Steve :) Only thing on my site are galleries at the moment, will still be a week or so until I have the sale pages up. I'll post a notice on the home page as others have seemed confused that what is there isnt for sale:)

Good luck on the sump, always fun!

Peace, Bryan

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg. I am so ticked (not at you guys) at myself. So basically what i did was i just wasted money on glue and glass and a 10g tank for nothing.....I am surly going to hit something... :angry5:

Steve

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i guess i learned my lesson on researching products before buying them......

I bought more sheets of glass for the sump seeing as the other sheets are worthless with the "bad" silicone on them. I glued the baffles onto the other 10g i had laying around.

The sump will be up and running by tommorrow night, if all goes as PLANNED.

And i just want to say that i have a big problem with planning things before doing or buying sometimes. Im only 16 and am learning pretty quick that if you dont plan ahead or research before you buy products, its going to cost you time and some serious mullahhh$$$........

Thanks

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back