How long should QT be set up before adding fish?

Afkomjorgen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
294
Reaction score
178
Location
seattle wa
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

looking to have some fish shipped to me.
They are Biota captive bred. I want to QT and monitor for any disease. I don’t plan on doing any preemptive things like hypo salinity or copper. Just a month or so monitor.

I have a 28 gal tank that’s dry in the garage. I want to add salt water and hook up equipment today. I plan on using several rocks from DT sump in the tank.

Do I need to wait to add fish or should it be ok once temp is up?
Thanks
 
BRS is currently doing a great series on this. You should be able to setup and QT same day.
Thank you! I’ll check this out
If the rock is well cycled, it should be fine.

it is. I’ll grab some media and cut off some pieces to put in the qt filter too. I know I can’t get any of it back but I have extra.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new