How long until nitrites spike? Pico tank cycling

XxZILLAxX

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2023
Messages
18
Reaction score
63
Location
Jennings, Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! I have a 2 gallon jar that I am turning into a reef tank over time, and I just started the nitrogen cycle. I put about 2-3 ppm worth of Dr Tim's ammonia chloride in, and then a bottle of nitrifying bacteria. I did that about two days ago and I have yet to see any nitrite or nitrate spikes. And ammonia has stayed the same 2-3 ppm. So my question to y'all is. How long did it take to start seeing the nitrogen cycle start to move along when y'all cycled your aquariums? Thanks in advance! :)

(Picture of setup below)

IMG_20231016_112356645_HDR.jpg
 
Is something that small, it should not take longer than 1-2 weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new