How many bristle worms are too many?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sebreef93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sebreef93

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Messages
114
Reaction score
28
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Sea Evo 13.5g tank, and I have two relatively large bristle worms (between 15 to 20 cm) along with some smaller ones that wander around at night. I rarely see them during the day, and they don't seem to cause any harm—they aren't interested in my corals, snails, or small sexy shrimps. I'm wondering if there’s a point at which their reproduction could become a concern, prompting me to introduce a predator or install a trap. I don’t want to get rid of them entirely since they’re beneficial in my tank, but I’m unsure if they could potentially overpopulate. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks!
 
I have them in all of my tanks. Like you I rarely see them except at night or if I move a rock. I've never had an issue with them as they are scavengers. Many people are scared of them because of thier appearance. Since your not scared of them like too many people are I would leave them. I think the tend to populate depended on food sources for them like any scavengers in out tanks
 
Bristle worms will only get out of hand if there is an abundance of food. So don't overfeed and you don't have to worry.
 
Thanks, everyone, for your prompt responses! I don't overfeed the tank, and they're definitely not ugly to me. The biggest worm, 'Hank,' has been with me for a long time, and I wouldn't remove him—he's a valuable member of the community in the tank!
 
Thanks, everyone, for your prompt responses! I don't overfeed the tank, and they're definitely not ugly to me. The biggest worm, 'Hank,' has been with me for a long time, and I wouldn't remove him—he's a valuable member of the community in the tank!
You named one? You disgust me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new