How many clowns? Yes that again!

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wanting to get a mixed clownfish tank out of my 180. Pair of Ocellaris, pair of Black and White Ocellaris & pair of Wyomings. Never did it because of the tale of the tales.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! I have been wanting this for a while and I need to pull the trigger! :)
after finding out that there was a few more clownfish breeders within an hour from me, I'm seriously also re doing the 110g and doing this. we'll see. ;)

let us know what you decide to do. should be a fun project. :)

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a small display like this at a public aquarium, must have been 50 clown in a fairly small tank, it might have been 50g. There were literally a swarm, all in one anemone. I don't think any were larger than 1.5". It was awesome.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a small display like this at a public aquarium, must have been 50 clown in a fairly small tank, it might have been 50g. There were literally a swarm, all in one anemone. I don't think any were larger than 1.5". It was awesome.
you know. I also wondered about those tanks at the aquariums at the zoos and other attractions. but even for the public aquarium, I think the 50g tank with 50 clowns is even too much. maybe a local breeder donated them.

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do it if I was into clowns that much..... I have a pair of occy's been paired for over a year, happy, host my magfloat and nothing else..... added a 10yr old cinnamon clown and have had 0 issues (was given to me from my lfs after a newb who's water was beyond sketchy brought it in). I've had the cinnamon now for about 5-6 months.

Also i had a friend who added a juvi occy after he had an established pair of occy's and did fine for over 2 yrs before he left the hobby.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back