How many clowns? Yes that again!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But a little different! LOL!

I was thinking of removing my current clowns and adding a bunch of baby clowns from the same brood stock. I am wanting to fill my tank with a bunch of BTA's of different colors and then as many clowns as possible.

The tank is 135g, 3x3x2. Oh also I only have 4 other fish. 3 Anthias and 1 Wrasse. I could remove those too.

What do you think?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll probably be fine for a while until they start pairing up and then it will likely be a battle of the fittest. Do you have any nems in the tank? If any of them start hosting a nem, it's like a green light for increased aggression.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order you to subject yourself to this experiment lol and keep a progress report for us all!!
I think it'd work out do like a large mix of snowflakes different grades, picassos, platinums, black ices etc. It'd be hot lol! Maybe you'd get some crazy pairing! And new breeds!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I seriously want to try it. I mean I go to the aquarium and they have these little clown and nem tanks set up and they all look fine. My tank is bigger than some of theirs! LOL! But I will heed to the advice of the consensus. But the idea for a bunch of designer clowns is soooo tempting!

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really strange. I just had a local meeting at the clownhouse (local clownfish breeder) and had the exact same idea for my current sps dominated tank.

One of the members took home a pair of picassos, platinums, black and whites.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! I have been wanting this for a while and I need to pull the trigger! :)

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am halfway there lol. i have like 14 BTAS in my tank right now, and am debating the same, switching my 2 clowns and rest of my livestock to all baby clowns from the same stock... I have ready\ every page of the build on RC with the guy who had 27 clowns in the same tank and did fine... but still hesitate

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it a try and if it doesn't work out, you could always send a nice pair of snowflakes to me! :wink:

shimin

noob reefer on a mission
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am halfway there lol. i have like 14 BTAS in my tank right now, and am debating the same, switching my 2 clowns and rest of my livestock to all baby clowns from the same stock... I have ready\ every page of the build on RC with the guy who had 27 clowns in the same tank and did fine... but still hesitate
That was the first thread I read when I started the hobby and I can't get it out of my head when I buy a house I have big plans .............I hope I get a house in a few months ..................btas galore=amazing

shimin

noob reefer on a mission
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was the first thread I read when I started the hobby and I can't get it out of my head when I buy a house I have big plans .............I hope I get a house in a few months ..................btas galore=amazing

Kris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really strange. I just had a local meeting at the clownhouse (local clownfish breeder) and had the exact same idea for my current sps dominated tank.

One of the members took home a pair of picassos, platinums, black and whites.

Hello.
Ya I am the one that just got them today. I picked up a pair of picassos, platinums, black and whites, cinnamon, and regular false perks. We will see how they do. So far they are all schooling together. It does look realy cool. I was hopeing he had the snowflakes to but he does not breed them.

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.
Ya I am the one that just got them today. I picked up a pair of picassos, platinums, black and whites, cinnamon, and regular false perks. We will see how they do. So far they are all schooling together. It does look realy cool. I was hopeing he had the snowflakes to but he does not breed them.

You will have to let me know how it goes Kris. I think it will be so cool.:tongue: I'm even considering adding Clarkiis too because they host carpet anemones even though the poor clarkiis seem to be the unloved "ugly" member of the clownfish group. :haha:

Do you have the link on reefcentral for this? I would like to read up on this more. I too want to be a member of the cool clownfish cluster reef tank craze!

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminds me of the ORA macna clown tank with all their different clowns in it. I think you'll start having trouble once they pair up and establish their territories.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He just updated it and looks as if he has lost most of them... "granted 6 yrs" that was a great run!!!! He also neglected it so no telling but he states there aggression now..:(

shimin

noob reefer on a mission
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seriously want to try it. I mean I go to the aquarium and they have these little clown and nem tanks set up and they all look fine. My tank is bigger than some of theirs! LOL! But I will heed to the advice of the consensus. But the idea for a bunch of designer clowns is soooo tempting!
what clowns were you gonna pick? I'm saving my cash for IF they can get that lightning maroon to breed has anyone seen those pics wow

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back