How many coraline algaes do you have and what colors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going over my tank with some friends and i thought i had only 3 coralline algae in my tank, but no i have 5 different colors actually, how they got there , no idea.

I knew about my pink like everybody else thats the one we all get, and the my red one , its very dark redwine like color, and i had a purple rock at the beginning so the purple i knew i had.

But green? and Yellow , those two are very suttle , either because my urchins keep eating them or they just started, or they don't show that much, but i didn't even knew they came into these colors anyway. so i researched . Sure enough. A text i got from one of the source i red.

The colors of these algae are most typically pink, or some other shade of red, but other species can be purple, yellow, blue, white or gray-green.There are over 1600 described species of nongeniculate coralline algae

source;Coralline alga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So what colors do you have how many different coralline algaes do you have in your tank, and do you know how it got there. Let us know. It be nice to find out if any of these other coralline have a specific ocean origin.​

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few you mentioned, the pink, burgundy, purple and a greenish one. I also have a type of pink that grows outwards and off the rock, like it's plating it's a good half inch or so off the rock.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back