How Many Firefish Can I Fit

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just recently upgraded to a 200 gallon and absolutely adore firefish. I currently have one but was wondering how many I can fit in this new tank. I’ve had two in the past.

Thanks!

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend only 1 - it's different for many people, but I have seen multiple stories of people adding a few firefish to their tank, and only one was left.

Again, different people had different experiences, but I would say that it's not the worth the risk.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard they will fight if more then a pair. I have had a couple pairs in my time. To one pair in a tank I added a purple firefish and the purple killed one of my red pair. More then a pair issue? or maybe because it was a different kind? I thought to get 5 with my new tank but decided to go scissor tail darts instead. Unfortunately when I ordered them I ordered 5 and only got 3. So had them order 3 more couldnt get there when they arrived so they sold them. Anyway my 3 did well in QT and I put them in the tank. 1 jumped the next day, where did he jump to? the only place he could, the top of my overflow cover and I didnt see it. So I am back to a pair of dartfish. I also redesigned my overflow cover so if anyone else decides to jump they should be able to flop back to the water.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back