How many fish at a time

bobmakespancakes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2020
Messages
102
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on putting two clown fish and a firefish in my tank should i do them at the same time or should one of them go in first?
 
How big is the tank? Has the tank be cycled and how did you do it?
 
the tank is 13.5 gallons it is cycled and it cycled by live rock
 
I would add the firefish first and then add the clowns, at the same time, a month later. I'd also put in a small bottle of Fritz Turbo or Dr. Tims or something when you add the first fish just to be 100% sure there's enough bacteria in the tank to handle a bio load.
 
If the tank is properly cycled as you said it has been, then it shouldn't be an issue based of the fact that I added 2 clowns to a new 10 gal QT tank with only adding Biospera. You just don't want to add to much of a bio load to the tank and the bacteria not be able to deal with the added ammonia.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new