How Many Fish In One QT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DocRose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DocRose

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2021
Messages
498
Reaction score
338
Location
Redford, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the following fish be okay in a 20 gallon QT for 30 days together if they go in at the same time?

Yellow Wrasse
Melanurus Wrasse
Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
 
I think if they're all juveniles, and the tank is already cycled, and you have sand for the yellow & melanurus, that should be okay. a 20 long would be better than a 20 high.

@SaltyT
 
Agree, 20 long would be better than 20 high. It'll be tight quarters, but it's doable for 30 days. Put a container of sand large enough for both the yellow wrasse and the melanurus in the tank while they go thru QT.
 
Will the following fish be okay in a 20 gallon QT for 30 days together if they go in at the same time?

Yellow Wrasse
Melanurus Wrasse
Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
A 20 long will be better for the Mel, Chrysus, and Fairy. A 20 high would be best for the Fladher (These enjoy height as well as length).
I agree with the others in which it is definitely doable for 30 days. I wouldn’t do it for longer though.

By the way, I don’t know dimensions of your tanks in America very well since in the UK we mainly have 1 way of saying different tank sizes. So if I’ve got it wrong and my assumption of a 20 high being taller than a 20 long is Incorrect then do correct me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new