How many fish?

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, in my 20H (high) right now I have a pair of clowns (onyx, b/w) and a bangaii cardinal. I am going to switch the clowns out for a pair of picasso's. So that would be 2 picasso's and a bangaii. Would it be crazy to add a ywg/shrimp pair and a purple fire fish? Or would that be 2 many?

kungfujoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think you will be fine.. your fish arent too bad in terms of waist.. right now i have a 90 gallon, i have 2 clowns, 2 tangs, a orange spot blenny an orange spot goby, flame wrase, solar wrase, some kinda red wrase, a mandarin pair and 6 chromis. right now im doing sps fairy successful, just run a decent skimmer for example the tunez nano skimmer and you should be fine.

meisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's within reason though it depends on your system and husbandry practices: water changes? what corals if any are you keeping? skimmer? Sump/surface area? are you using phosphate/carbon adsorbing media etc etc etc? How long you can resist the "just one more fish" after you add those additional animals? Assuming you are new reefer, why not space out your additions as the tank matures and leave yourself space to grow and continue to appreciate and get excited about the tank. It will also give you a margin of error as your skills progress. I wish I'd gone slower in some of my earlier tanks but the excitement of filling it up ASAP is hard to resist. :) Good luck.

OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an aquaclear 70 fuge, no skimmer, 2-4g water changes weekly... I have some zoas, a frogspawn, mushrooms, and a trumpet, and a green birdsnest but plan on getting lots more SPS. I have been studying fish for 4 years lol I don't no if I would be new, we have a 75g thats been running for 2 years... this is my 1st nano. I seeded the tank with waterand sand from the 75g added some base and live rock and waited 2 weeks to make sure the levels weren't going crazy then added some zoas and they did fine. I added the clowns on week 4 I think :? and the bangaii proly on week 7 or 8 :?

waxy

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're fine, fecal matter will only feed the corals. If anything you can just do a water change.

saigon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here 120 gal, 75 gal sump with many fish. I do water change 25 gal every week

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back