How many of you guys glue corals to your back glass and/or overflow? (Please post pics if you've got

FishnFriendz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ritter6788 and got2envy...I will check it out and can't wait to give it a try :)

John Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has the overflow in the center of the tank so I'd like to attach some Green Star Polyp to it in hopes that it will cover the entire box. I realized that if it works I'll have to keep trimming it to keep it from plugging up the intake slots. Anyone ever try this?

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has the overflow in the center of the tank so I'd like to attach some Green Star Polyp to it in hopes that it will cover the entire box. I realized that if it works I'll have to keep trimming it to keep it from plugging up the intake slots. Anyone ever try this?

Yeah people have done this, there are plenty of examples out there. I have GSP on the back wall of my AIO and its been doing fine.
I had assumed that the GSP would grow radially outward in a semi-even pattern so I placed it midway up on my backwall. Instead it grew some "runners" almost like crab grass, and grew directly upwards to the water line only then it started to grow outwards. Since its in the middle I havent head to deal with it growing into the weir yet. It does seem pretty easy to remove if you need to.

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
180bcde3a45b9ee0c9f8e8ba5b9e40b3.jpg

I just rested mine against the glass and let nature do it's work, it is starting up the glass but in a couple weeks I am changing everything over to my 120 gal from my 46, I will be getting this and throwing it on the glass in the new tank

Reef Able

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is mine gsp glued at the back wall and on the over flow....i also have orange ricordeas (did not glue them they just grew because i use to have a colony of resting on the overflow)...
b47cba670fd147c6b442c84aee3e43a0.jpg

f3bd5bc67fa8a9cc20c9868abe223fbb.jpg

John Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
180bcde3a45b9ee0c9f8e8ba5b9e40b3.jpg

I just rested mine against the glass and let nature do it's work, it is starting up the glass but in a couple weeks I am changing everything over to my 120 gal from my 46, I will be getting this and throwing it on the glass in the new tank
Sounds like a plan... best of luck with your upgrade!

John Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah people have done this, there are plenty of examples out there. I have GSP on the back wall of my AIO and its been doing fine.
I had assumed that the GSP would grow radially outward in a semi-even pattern so I placed it midway up on my backwall. Instead it grew some "runners" almost like crab grass, and grew directly upwards to the water line only then it started to grow outwards. Since its in the middle I havent head to deal with it growing into the weir yet. It does seem pretty easy to remove if you need to.
Thanks for sharing! I'm glad to hear that it's not too hard to remove.

chewy tabacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a before and after picture a couple weeks in, you can see the monti on both sides is starting to grow onto the over flow already
IMAG2459.jpg
IMAG2612.jpg

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got some German blue digitata that seems to have an affinity for the acrylic of the overflow. It doesn’t seem to encrust much but the piece that touched the acrylic has started encrusting like crazy. I will try and get a photo!

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to do this to my back glass. How easy is it remove encrusting sps and superglue with a razor?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back