How many OR4 LED bars to get?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brisk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brisk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2023
Messages
9,576
Reaction score
31,228
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Hello. I currently have 2x Atlantik Icons mounted 16" above water level. I took a PAR reading and I get about 250 to 300 PAR at the top with light intensity at about 80% except the whites. I would like to get more PAR at the top, maybe 400 - 500. Would 2x OR4 (Blue Plus & Blue Sky) be enough? Or 4x OR4? I'd like to not set the intensity above 80% since I read somewhere that it has a higher chance of burning the LEDs. My tank is 5x2x2. I'm hoping someone with similar set ups can give some advice if I should go with 2 bars or 4 bars?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new