How many powerheads?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bcountry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bcountry

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
78
Reaction score
1
Location
Albuquerque
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm waiting on my 120 gallon to finish cycling and I am wondering how many powerheads and what size to get with a budget. The tank has a single overflow in the center and is currently being run with a 600 gph pump
 
I'd go with a couple of 1200gph powerheads
Hydors
Vortech if you can afford them
couple of Jebao WP 25s


 
I'd set it up with a pair of Jebaos' either WP-25's for a Softy LPS tank or a pair of WP-40s for SPS.
 
It's the last equipment I need. I have a eshopps protein skimmer, eshopps sump, reefbreeders led with programmable control, return pump, heater
 
Personally I'd recommend a pair of WP40's on the new dual controller.

I have a 90G 3x2x2 tank and have a WP40 in it, I have it turned onto low setting but its nice to have the option to increase it.
 
I actually bought a pair of those when I first got my tank running! lol. I agree, for the price you cant beat it. I would like to add though: they are a bit noisy, very cheaply made, I don't recommend the suction cups (they fall often), and the actual wave they produce is just not as smooth and the Hydor.
WOW, you musta got a bum pair. I actually use the 3200gph powerheads, love em, I also have an old 1200gph Hydor in the center of my tank, can't tell the difference. Mine are just as quiet, and have huge flow. Sorry bout yours.
 
I bought the double 3200 and it is very hard to get dialed in where it wont blow sand around everywhere. It seems like a good pump but honestly I wish I would have went with two single 1600's instead of the double because it would be easier to control.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new