How many red firefish?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How many firefish can I keep together in a large tank?

TANKSALOT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAD 3...... key word being HAD :wink:

Those fish love to jump. I am down to one and will not replace them in my open top tank.

I have heard that if you add them all at once they are fine to begin with and may always be fine. But have heard of the pack ganging up on the weak for territory and the numbers diminishing.

TANKSALOT
aka - Steve

CapnMorgan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a buddy with 12 in his 210 and they all are doing great (they were all added at the same time a few months ago). I should mention that his tank is covered so it keeps them from jumping out.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do they school?? How do they look in a big bunch?

I

inactive

View Badges
Get a bunch of red and purples at the same thing and toss em in.. they'll be fine with a lid :D

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair in an open top, the main thing with them is depth of the tank. I have tried these fish many times they can startle easy but once settled they are a great fish to keep all tanks before the 60 cube were only 16" tall and this one being 24" tall seems to have minimized the level in the tank that they swim. The pair I have don't ever get close to the surface and I would say that once they find a spot in the tank and it is low(as mine have) they will go for the hiding spot long before trying to jump......I say go for it Rev one thing to think about as well with schooling fish like firefish odd numbers usually work best.....Even when my clownfish chase them they don't go for the surface at all.....One of my favorite fish one of the reasons I have tried them so many times.....

I

inactive

View Badges
Most established firefish actually head toward the burrow rather than the top. Chea, fish facts.

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes a large group will kick the crap out of the weakest member of the group, when he dies and a month later when there is another weak link thell throw him a beating as well

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back