How many redsea 90s on 100G

Stoatee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
14
Location
Dorset
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just bought a D-D 1500 and wondering if I need another light. I currently have 2 redsea 90s and plan to be only LPS and softies. The tanks is 5ft x 2ft x 2ft. I read optimal PAR spread per light is 60cm leaving me 1ft short however wondering if I am not doing SPS if I need “optimum” and could do with 1/2 x ft either side of the tank outside of optimum.

6DDCB6AB-0BB9-49C8-B29D-8428B944188C.jpeg 99A90018-2F4F-4F62-9054-765E0E5AD22C.jpeg
 
3 ideally. I personally would use the two and then add a supplemental bar across the length of the tank (such as a quanta, ai blade, reefbrite, etc.). Two would probably be fine as long as you rent a par meter to test things out.
 
P
3 ideally. I personally would use the two and then add a supplemental bar across the length of the tank (such as a quanta, ai blade, reefbrite, etc.). Two would probably be fine as long as you rent a par meter to test things out.
yea I like the blade but I saw you need to buy both types at a 2:1 ratio which gets expensive quick
 
P

yea I like the blade but I saw you need to buy both types at a 2:1 ratio which gets expensive quick


You can work with the two RS90 if you are strategic about where you place the corals (i.e. know the par values at different places), but I think a third light, or supplemental bars would be best.
 
I think you'll want 3.

Bars or strips could change that, obviously, but there's no way that I would buy AI Blades until they get some quality control figured out.

Edit: Oh, I forgot. If the display is 5x2x2, that's about 150 gallons.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new